<—This position has been filled. Thank you! —>
Storyvine is a Colorado-based start-up that has created an innovative way to create mass quantities of professionally produced video at a price that will blow your mind. Right now, we’re looking for a Sales Assistant to act as a support to senior management in the sales process. This is a three-month, full-time, contract position, which ideally, will lead to a full time permanent position. We’re looking for an attitude and not a skill set. The ideal candidate will have:
• the ability to work somewhat independently after being given strong direction. (Check-ins and clarification are welcome.)
• A certain neuroticism about follow up. If a Fortune 500 company says on the call that they want us to get them something, or follow up in two weeks, that needs to happen, no exceptions!
• A desire to help out/get things done/go that extra mile to problem solve, etc.
If you are the type of person who shirks from being assertive, this is not the role for you. If you’re outgoing, cheerful and friendly (and on occasion has been called a little pushy, but still gracious), then please apply to Monique@Storyvine.com. In the subject of the email, please put “Sales Assistant.”
• CAN TAKE NOTES! We’re getting older and can’t remember anything, therefore, typing fast or shorthand helps. An important role will be to attend sales meetings, get people’s names and contact information and take copious notes. So when we follow-up, we’ll know who to contact and remember what on earth we promised.
• Once trained, be fearless in asking some basic questions at the end of the sales call: What are Next Steps?, When do we Follow-Up and with Whom? What is your phone number?
• Prepare one of our senior management team members before a sales call. (Who are we speaking with? What needs to be accomplished? What did we say last time? etc. )
• Follow up with Senior Management who are Very Busy People and keep pestering them (nicely) until they get the stuff done they promised.
• Ability to use Google Calendar like a champ and schedule multiple people’s meetings.
• Ability to input contacts in databases.
• Comfortable working with Fortune 500 clients.
• Comfortable working with Word, Excel, Google email and calendar, drop box or similar and, ideally, Keynote, but not required.
• Comfortable prioritizing (Will train you on this.)
• Be able to work from home, a co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop, but move about the Front Range for meetings and occasionally get on a plane.
• When taking Mr. Very Important Client’s call, have an unparalleled level of professionalism. In other words, that coffee shop you’re working out of better be dead quiet.
• If you say you’re going to do something, you do it when you said you would deliver it.
We’re a very small team, and while we pack a lot of punch, we don’t think we know it all. We pull in six-digit deals, but also don’t balk at taking out the trash. Did I mention we’re a start-up?